To become a sponsor click THANK YOU
Toronto Maple Leafs Captains
1. 1927 - Bought the Toronto St. Pats and changed the name to Maple Leafs
2. 1931 - Built Maple Leaf Gardens
3. 1932 - Won first of seven Stanley Cups with Maple Leafs
4. 1943 - Established Sportsmen’s Battery
5. 1961 - Helped build the Hockey Hall of Fame
Barilko scored the overtime goal at the 2:53 mark against the Montreal Canadiens' Gerry McNeil in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup final on April 21, 1951, to clinch the Cup for the Maple Leafs.
Listen to Ken Dryden's description of the Bill Barilko goal.
In 1967, the Leafs and Habs met in the Cup finals for the last time. Bob Pulford scored the double-overtime winner in game 3, Jim Pappin got the game winner in game 6, and Dave Keon won the Conn Smythe trophy as the Maple Leafs won in six games. They have not won the Stanley Cup, or even been to the finals, since.